Oracal UV Laminating Film for Printable Vinyl – Oraguard 236
Oracal Oraguard 236 is a printable vinyl laminate film that can be used to cover any inkjet vinyl project. This clear film provides a glossy finish as well as protection against UV rays, frequent handling and inclement weather.
Inkjet printable vinyl requires special manufacturing processes to allow the vinyl to accept standard printer inks. Because of this, they do not have the same colorfastness and resistance to wear and tear that long-term adhesive vinyls like Oracal 651 typically have.
To help with this, Oracal has created Oraguard 236*, which is a professional-grade laminate film that provides extra durability and protection to any inkjet-printed vinyl designs.
The film is crystal clear and works on all printable vinyl. When applied correctly, it can help prevent all of the following:
- Color fade due to UV damage
- Ink bleed from moisture or humidity
- Ink smears from frequent handling
- Loss of clarity over time
Although this material is recommended to hand-wash, it works for drinkware personalization projects. It can also be used on car decals, window vinyls, indoor projects, ceramic mugs and stainless steel tumblers.
- Matte or glossy finish
- Available in sheets or rolls
- 2.5-millimeter thickness
- One year UV protection
- Two year resistance to moisture, handling and abrasion
- Hand-wash recommended
The width and length of the sheets may vary up to 1/16th of an inch.
*This laminate is a low grade material and sometimes comes with scratches from the manufacturer. If this concerns you, please consider upgrading to the Oraguard 210 laminate.
8.5"x11" (5 pack), 8.5"x11" (10 pack), 8.5"x11" (25 pack), 8.5"x11" (50 pack), 8.5"x5 feet, 8.5"x10 feet, 8.5"x30 feet, 8.5"x75 feet, 100 (8.5"x11") Bulk Pack, 250 (8.5"x11") Bulk Pack, 500 (8.5"x11") Bulk Pack, 1000 (8.5"x11") Bulk Pack
Important note: Do not cut the vinyl design from the printed sheet until after lamination. This makes the laminating process much easier.
1. To avoid product waste and make application simpler, cut your laminating film sheet so that there is an inch-wide margin of laminate around the entire design. You need room for error, but leaving too much excess laminate on the vinyl sheet can cause printing problems if you plan to reuse the remaining vinyl in the future. If your design takes up a full page, you can skip this step.
2. For best results, it’s recommended to secure the vinyl sheet to a flat surface before applying laminate film. This can be done with tissue tape, washi tape or clips.
3. Start at the top of your design, and carefully smooth the top edge of the laminate slightly above the entire printed area. Do not remove the entire piece of laminate from the backing.
4. Once you have the top line of laminate laid down evenly, slowly roll the backing off of the remaining laminate using either your hand or a credit card to smooth the laminate as you go. This helps with even adhesion and prevents wrinkles or bubbles. Be sure to work very slowly and carefully.
5. After the bottom edge of the vinyl has been freed from the backing and smoothed down, start from the center of your design, and use slow, even outward strokes with the heel of your hand or a credit card to push out any air bubbles and adhere the laminate more securely.
This matte laminate is great for my sticker shop and great price. I received it within a few days, thank you so much!
Easy to use & looks great on top of the Oracal 1917 for stickers. I recently started making stickers of my art & spent time researching materials on the web. This laminate was mentioned quite a few times. I'm using the matte finish & am very happy with how it looks on the final product. Creative Craft's prices are good & orders are processed & shipped quickly.
It's taken me way too long to find a great laminate for my handmade sticker business. This is by far the best I've ever used. I wish I had found this sooner!
I'm most impressed with the company itself. The customer service is top notch, orders process and ship very quickly and they're always there to help with any additional questions or concerns.
Thank you all so much! I'll be back again and again and again. :)
I've been using this laminate for almost a year now, and it's been one of the best laminates. I've used both glossy and matte and they are both great. I'd highly suggest using this laminate.
I've been using this laminate for over a year and I love it. I've used both the glossy and the matte and they both are great. Also this company is the best! They always ship quickly and I've never had any issues with my orders.