Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl – ThermoFlex Plus
It can be hard to find a metallic HTV that has the right amount of shine and durability, especially if you also want it to feel pleasantly soft. ThermoFlex Plus Metallics offer the same professional-quality strength and flexibility as all of the other colors in this product family, so you can feel confident that your projects will turn out perfectly.
Finding a beautiful metallic HTV that isn’t stiff or overpriced can be difficult. Most competing brands offer a metallic silver HTV that’s too gray or flat, and finding the right shade of gold or bronze can feel like an elusive treasure hunt.
With ThermoFlex’s Metallics line, your search is over. Whether you want a burnished, antique copper vinyl or a pure, metallic gold HTV, you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
ThermoFlex Plus is an industry favorite for its highly flexible, polyurethane-based composition. It is so long-lasting that, with proper application, it can often outlive the fabric it was applied to. In addition, there are so many gorgeous metallic hues to choose from that there is a perfect shade for nearly any project you can dream up.
You can apply these heat transfer vinyls to all of the following fabrics:
- Uncoated polyester
- Cotton/acrylic blends
- Polyester/acrylic blends
Before ordering, please note that these metallic colors cannot have additional layers placed on top of them without compromising the finish. However, it is possible to layer other matte or satin colors underneath them for added depth.
- Soft hand feel
- 100 microns thick
- Only works as a top layer
- Available in various sizes
9834 Antique Silver, 9835 Graphite, 9836 Bronze, 9842 Dark Gold, 9843 Old Gold, 9844 Copper Gold, 9841 Brass, 9845 Dark Copper
15 In x 1 Ft, 15 In x 1 Yd, 15 In x 5 Yd, 15 In x 10 Yd, 15 In x 15 Yd, 15 In x 30 Yd, 15 In x 50 Yd
- Create your design in your favorite graphics software. Be sure that the image is reversed for proper transfer.
- Load the vinyl into your plotter, and cut in mirror image. Unless you have previously worked with this type of heat transfer vinyl, it’s strongly recommended to do a practice cut so that you can adjust your settings as needed.
- Weed any excess vinyl before placing your design.
- Position your design on the fabric in the desired location.
- Set your heat press to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using medium pressure, keep the plate pressed down evenly for 15 seconds.
- Peel while still warm, cover with a Teflon plate, and repress for two seconds.
- – Wash and dry your garments without fabric softener prior to vinyl application for maximum adhesion.
- – Wait 24 hours before washing the fabric after the vinyl has been applied.
- – If you’re using moisture-wicking or shiny material, gently blot the application area with isopropyl alcohol to help the vinyl adhere better.
- – Do not dry clean or bleach garments after vinyl application.
- – This heat transfer vinyl will not adhere to nylon fabrics.