Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl – DecoFilm Soft Metallics
DecoFilm Soft Metallics are in a class of their own. They are soft, flexible and durable, and they are able to add a professional level of rich and vibrant color to any textile project you have in mind.
When your project needs a bit of extra shimmer, choosing a glittery or glossy vinyl can actually detract from the design.
If you want your work to have a more polished appearance, using a soft metallic HTV is often the better choice. This gives you a more subtle sheen that can complement your design.
DecoFilm’s Soft Metallics are the perfect way to make your designs shimmer and shine with vibrant metallic hues. The vinyl is so flexible and soft that it will take on the texture of the garment so that it has an almost imperceptible hand feel.
If you want to add a bit of trendy appeal to your project, you can use the metallic rose gold HTV. For designs that need a classy feel, the metallic gold HTV has the perfect amount of luster to make your garment stand out.
DecoFilm metallic heat transfer vinyl can be safely applied to all of the following fabrics:
- Uncoated polyester
- Polyester/acrylic blends
- Cotton/polyester blends
This vinyl will not adhere to nylon or similar fabrics. It is also not suitable for dyed or treated fabrics such as clothing labeled “dry fit” or “moisture-wicking.”
- 75 microns thick
- Smooth, soft metallic finish
- Stretchy and durable
- Can be used as a top layer or inlay
- Not recommended as a base layer
Please note that the white is translucent, so the color of the garment will show through. Additionally, the black, red and metallic silver HTV can also be purchased in a matte finish.
15 Matte Silver, 01 Silver, 02 Gold, 03 White, 06 Black, 07 Matte Black, 09 Red, 10 Matte Red, 20 Rose Gold, 22 Pink, 14 Cherry, 23 Purple, 05 Blue, 13 Aqua, 04 Green, 08 Brown, 24 Copper, 25 Burnt Orange
20 In x 1 Ft, 20 In x 1 Yd, 20 In x 5 Yd, 20 In x 10 Yd, 20 In x 15 Yd, 20 In x 54 Yd
- Create your design in your graphics software of choice. Be sure to select “mirror image” or “reverse” for a correct transfer.
- Load the vinyl into your plotter, and carefully cut the design in mirror image. If you have never used this vinyl before, it is best to perform a test cut so that you can adjust your blade settings as needed.
- Weed any excess vinyl, and position your design onto the fabric.
- Set your heat press to 310 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Apply firm, even pressure with your heat press for 8 seconds.
- Peel cold, cover with a Teflon sheet and repress for 3 second
– Wash and dry your garments prior to application.
– After applying the design, only wash in cold water on the gentle cycle.
– Tumble dry inside-out on the lowest heat setting.
– Do not iron directly over the vinyl film. You may turn the garment inside-out and use a cool iron as needed.
– You may repress your design at any point if it needs refreshing. This can eventually lead to a more subtle, brushed metal appearance.
– If the vinyl does not adhere evenly, you can increase the heat press temperature to 320 degrees Fahrenheit, or you can press the garment for an additional 5 seconds. Be sure to let the vinyl cool completely before peeling.
Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl – ThermoFlex Plus
- $5.00 – $299.00
- Select options
Fashion Flex Puff
- $9.00 – $113.00
- Select options
Neon Heat Transfer Vinyl – Thermoflex Plus
- $5.00 – $307.00
- Select options