Thermoflex Plus – Metal Flake
Adding a bit of glitter to your heat transfer vinyl project shouldn’t be a hassle. Whether you want a dazzling design or just a few shiny accents, ThermoFlex Metal Flake vinyl is the perfect way to make your projects stand out.
This metal flake HTV is smooth and elegant, so you don’t have to worry about a chunky or uncomfortable texture to your design. The vinyl is also lightweight, so there will be no stiffness or heaviness after it has been applied. The metallic flecks are vibrant, reflective and richly pigmented in order to give your projects a high-quality appearance.
Unlike other ThermoFlex Plus finishes, it is important to note that the metal flake colors have a slightly more limited amount of stretch. They are flexible enough to be comfortable on clothing, but some care should be taken to help keep your designs looking beautiful for longer.
This heat transfer vinyl can be applied to many of the most popular crafting fabrics, including:
- Uncoated polyester
- Polyester/acrylic blends
- Cotton/polyester blends
The vinyl can adhere to moisture-wicking fabrics, but it is recommended to wash and dry these garments without fabric softener before application. Additionally, dampening the application area with rubbing alcohol can help the vinyl adhesive to penetrate more fully for a smoother press.
The metallic flake vinyl is available in a number of shades so that you can pick the perfect color for your project.
- Smooth glitter finish
- 5-millimeter thickness
- Sticky backing sheet for easy positioning
- Available by the sheet or roll
- Soft hand feel
Due to the nature of the finish, this vinyl cannot have other colors layered on top of it. It can be used as a single layer, or you may layer it on top of another color with a matte finish.
As with all styles of ThermoFlex, the metallic flake vinyl will not adhere to nylon or nylon blends.
9898 Metal Flake Green, 9883 Metal Flake Apple Green, 9882 Metal Flake Aqua Green, 9878 Metal Flake Red, 9858 Metal Flake Black, 9888 Metal Flake Blue, 9886 Metal Flake Bright Blue, 9879 Metal Flake Pink, 9880 Metal Flake Bright Pink, 9881 Metal Flake Coral, 9868 Metal Flake Gold, 9870 Metal Flake Orange, 9848 Metal Flake White, 9849 Metal Flake Pure White, 9869 Metal Flake White/Gold, 9890 Metal Flake Purple, 9859 Metal Flake Red/Black, 9850 Metal Flake Titanium
15 In x 1 Ft, 15 In x 1 Yd, 15 In x 5 Yd, 15 In x 10 Yd, 15 In x 15 Yd, 15 In x 30 Yd, 15 In x 50 Yd
- Create your design with your favorite graphics software, and select “mirror image.”
- Before cutting your design, load the vinyl into your plotter, adjust the settings and perform a test cut.
- Once the settings are correct, cut your design in mirror image for proper transfer.
- Remove any excess film from the carrier before you position your design.
- Carefully position your design on the fabric, and place a Teflon sheet between the heat plate and the carrier. The Teflon acts as a buffer to protect your design from rolling up or sticking to the press.
- Heat the press to 330 degrees Fahrenheit, and apply firm, even pressure for 15 seconds.
- The design should be peeled warm, but allow at least 10 seconds of cooldown before you begin peeling.
- – Wash and dry your garments without fabric softener prior to vinyl application.
- – For shimmery fabrics, dazzle cloth and shiny polyester, gently blot the desired area with isopropyl alcohol before application. This allows better, more even penetration of the adhesive.
- – Wait at least 24 hours before washing the fabric after vinyl application.
- – Garments can be washed in warm or cold water and tumble dried on regular heat settings. To extend the life of the design, it’s recommended to turn the garment inside out before washing.
- – Do not bleach fabrics.
- – Dry Cleaning is Ok