Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl – GlitterFlex™ Ultra
GlitterFlex HTV is one of the most in-demand vinyl products on the market. The dazzling glitter flakes and variety of color choices makes it perfect for any project that needs a little something extra.
GlitterFlex Ultra heat transfer vinyl is a flexible and durable material that immediately adds visual interest to your garments. Unlike some other glitter HTV lines, GlitterFlex Ultra is soft and easy to apply, so you don’t have to waste time fussing with uncooperative vinyl.
This glitter heat transfer vinyl is so popular because it is created with genuine flakes of polyester glitter. This means that, whether you’re using a gold glitter heat transfer vinyl or a soft pastel, the sparkle will be beautifully vibrant.
The glitter flakes are encased in a heat-sealing adhesive so that there is no rough or jagged texture left behind once the vinyl is pressed onto the fabric. This also helps to preserve the sparkle and extend the life of your design.
Whether you’re looking for a single sheet of rainbow glitter heat transfer vinyl or an entire roll of a single color, our selection is extensive.
GlitterFlex Ultra can be used on all of the following fabrics:
- Cotton/polyester blends
- Polyester/acrylic blends
This vinyl will not work with nylon or nylon-blend fabrics.
- Textured feel
- 12.8-millimeter thickness
- Can be used as top layer or inlay
- Not suitable for fine-cut designs
- Can be used for embroidery applique
- Suitable for heat sublimation
This vinyl is not recommended for use as a base layer material because of its textured surface.
Can you layer glitter HTV?
You can layer this HTV on top of other ThermoFlex vinyls, but it is not recommended as a base layer.
Are glitter HTV heat press settings different from other HTVs?
Because GlitterFlex Ultra is so much thicker than our other ThermoFlex vinyls, the settings are different. It’s recommended to use a 60-degree blade angle for clean cuts.
Additionally, the recommended glitter HTV temp for pressing is 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat press temperature settings vary from one finish to the next, so it’s important to follow manufacturer instructions.
Can I buy glitter heat transfer vinyl rolls in bulk?
Yes, this product can be purchased by the roll, and all orders over $75 qualify for free shipping.
Can I sublimate onto GlitterFlex Ultra?
You can easily sublimate on top of the vinyl as long as it has already been pressed. Simply set your press to 390 degrees Fahrenheit, and press for 30 seconds.
12 Blue, 22 Navy Blue, 103 Light Royal Blue, 117 Rainbow Light Aqua, 09 Aqua, 26 Royal Blue, 12A Old Blue, 32 Sky Blue, 79 Steel Blue, 74 Midnight Blue, 35 Wine, 11 Black, 07 Black Gold, 17 Grey, 19 Green, 28 Dark Green, 14 Light Green, 101 British Racing Green, 06 Emerald, 39 Yellow Green, 113 Rainbow Green, 133 Holo Shamrock, 08 Jade, 136 Holo Aquatic Green, 03 Red, 135 Holo Cherry, 112 Rainbow Rose, 04 Pink, 111 Rainbow New Pink, 27 Hot Pink, 76 Carnation Pink, 24 Cherry, 33 Silver Pink, 115 Rainbow Cotton Candy, 78 Heather Purple, 77 Majestic Purple, 13 Holo Pink, 18 Lavender, 05 Purple, 102 Royal Purple, 75 Amethyst, 134 Holo Bellflower, 73 Light Burgundy, 10 Brown, 98 Champagne, 29 Burgundy, 104 Rose Gold, 31 Dark Gold, 96 Vegas Gold, 02 Gold, 132 Holo Gold Rush, 23 Light Gold, 110 Rainbow Pineapple, 97 Silver Gold, 01 Silver, 131 Holo Silver Sparkle, 130 Holo Tungsten, 116 Rainbow Orange, 30 Holo Orange, 99 Light Copper, 20 Copper, 16 Light Multi, 15 Multi, 87 Rainbow Opaque White, 114 Rainbow Sparkle White, 47C Rainbow White Clear, 47OPQ Rainbow White Opaque, 94 White / Emerald, 92 White / Gold, 93 White / Red, 95 White / Royal Blue, 91 White / Silver
20 In x 1 Ft, 20 In x 1 Yd, 20 In x 5 Yd, 20 In x 10 Yd, 20 In x 15 Yd, 20 In x 25 Yd
- Create your design in your favorite graphic design software. Be sure to select “mirror image” for correct transfer.
- Load the vinyl onto the plotter. Please note that this vinyl is much thicker than other ThermoFlex products, so it is important to increase the blade angle and downward pressure
- Perform a test cut so that you can adjust any settings as needed, and make sure to cut your design in mirror image.
- Set the heat press to 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Position the vinyl, and press with firm, even pressure for 15 seconds. If the material separates from the liner or does not fully adhere, smooth it down, and repress for 12 seconds.
- Allow 10 seconds of cooling, and peel warm.
- Cover design with a Teflon sheet, and repress the design for two seconds.