Oramask 813 Stencil Film
Oracal Oramask 813 stencil film is a specially formulated PVC material that is perfectly suited to be used as masking for car lettering, aircraft marking, promotional signage, stencil artwork and exhibition decorations. The translucent blue material has a low-tack, water-based adhesive and is mounted on a silicone-coated carrier paper.
Oramask 813 stencil vinyl is an extremely popular choice among professional painters and hobbyists because of how easy it is to cut, apply and remove from any flat surface.
Unlike the Oramask 811, this stencil vinyl is a translucent blue color, which may be preferable for anyone working on light-colored surfaces or using light-colored paints. In addition, the translucency of the film ensures that you can easily align the stencil over the correct area because the surface underneath will still be visible.
The 813 film is very stiff, and this means that it is well-suited to large projects as well as small ones. The matte finish also offers artists a clear contrast between the paint and stencil, and it gives the film a slightly better grip for easier removal.
Oramask 813 is an excellent stencil film for Cricut machines as well as other popular “smart” cutting machines such as Silhouette and Roland. It is thin enough to easily feed into these machines, and the specially coated carrier paper ensures easy weeding and repositioning.
The 813 is a slightly more popular stencil vinyl for Cricut machines than the 811 simply because it is so versatile. This makes it great for hobbyists and casual crafters. The 811 film works best with water-based paints and inks, and the low-tack adhesive ensures that the surface underneath will not be disturbed when you remove the stencil to put the finishing touches on your project.
While the 813 film is easy to work with, it is recommended to use transfer tape for large or complex designs. This helps to ensure smooth, clean stencil adhesion every time.
- Translucent, light blue color
- Matte finish
- Silicone-coated carrier paper for easy release and weeding
- 3-millimeter thickness
- Rigid PVC material
- Easy to remove
- Low-tack, water-based adhesive
- Works best with water-based paints and inks
- Suitable for hobbyists and professionals
- Ideal for car lettering or aircraft marking
- Can be purchased in sheets or rolls
12 In x 24 In, 12 In x 10 Yd, 12 In x 50 Yd, 24 In x 5 Yd, 24 In x 10 Yd, 24 In x 50 Yd
- Create your design in your graphics software of choice.
- Load the vinyl into your plotter. It is best to perform a test cut before you begin making your design so that you can adjust your machine settings as needed and minimize mistakes. You can look up specific cut settings for your particular machine online if you are unsure.
- Carefully cut your design into the stencil film, and weed out any excess vinyl that you do not want to have on your stencil.
- Cover the finished stencil with transfer tape if you wish. Once the transfer tape is firmly secured to the stencil, slowly peel off the backing paper to expose the vinyl adhesive.
- Position your stencil on the desired surface, and smooth it out so that no air pockets are present.
- Starting in an upper corner, carefully peel the transfer tape downward at an angle. Make sure that the stencil is fully adhered to the painting surface as you do this. Otherwise, the transfer tape could peel up part of your stencil.
- Smooth the vinyl down one last time, starting from the center and working your way outward toward the edges.
- Paint as desired, and slowly remove the Oramask stencil from your finished piece. You may need to use a blade to remove smaller bits if your design is particularly intricate.
You may also like…
- Specialty Vinyl
Stencil Film – Oramask 811
- $3.00 – $123.00
- Select options